Torn by My Parent's Divorce, A Woman's Prayer (and more...)

Chabad.org
Adar 25, 5772 · March 19, 2012
This Week's Features Printable Magazine
By Anonymous
It didn't matter that those in the tables around us had so much food it could barely fit; as soon as they saw I had something different, heads turned

By Sara Esther Crispe
Yet it wasn't until a few years later that I learned how to connect to the formal Jewish prayers. Staying over at a friend's house for Shabbat, I was completely embarrassed when she handed me a prayerbook. I sat on the sofa, pretending to read the Hebrew words like a pro. But I couldn't fool my friend . . .

By Samantha Barnett
ALSO THIS WEEK ON THEJEWISHWOMAN.ORG:
Cleaning for Passover with Young Children
I think if there is anything more nerve-racking than cleaning for Passover, it is cleaning for Passover with small children . . .

By Sara Esther Crispe
Parshat Vayikrah
I'm pathetically biased, but I embrace my bias. I feel sated with pride, although my children haven't done anything uniquely successful or unusually brilliant-not yet. I wonder: is this the way G-d feels towards us?

By Rochel Holzkenner
A Spiritual Perspective on Passover Cleaning
My dreams were so enormous, so vast and mankind-wide in scope that they just hibernated in my mind, stuck like a great blue whale unable to squeeze its way out of a drinking straw...

By Chana (Jenny) Weisberg
For some of us, after the Four Questions comes the dreaded fifth . . . "Cabernet or Chardonnay?" We invited four special guests to gather around our Joy of Kosher table to share their recommendations for the four wines to serve on Seder night...

By Tamar Genger
This year, for the first time, we are hosting the family Passover Seder. We were very excited to finally be able to have everyone in our home, until we found out that distant cousins, who we find very offensive, plan on coming . . .

Answered by Sara Esther Crispe
Follow Us:   Find Us On Facebook Follow Us on Twitter RSS Feeds

Featured Judaica:

Children's Book of Berachos
Berachos are such marvelous things, connecting us to our Creator and giving us an enhanced appreciation of the blessings that He bestows upon us every day. And they're easy enough for our little ones to say with gusto and excitement.

Price: $15.99  $14.39


More from Chabad.org
Video
Women
News
Kids
Donate

Be a Part of it
Enjoyed this email? Please help us continue to share the study of Torah and Jewish traditions:

Dedicate or sponsor an email to mark a special occasion
Make a donation to chabad.org.

 

Subscription Options:
Subscribe to more chabad.org email lists
Subscription Management
Going on vacation?
Unsubscribe

Your subscribed email address is: iqlalsmile.cara@blogger.com
Change email address.

Important Tip:
To guarantee that your subscription emails continue to be delivered to you, please add subscriptions@chabad.org to your address book, or "whitelist" it in any filters or antispam programs you may have.

© Copyright Chabad.org, all rights reserved.   Privacy Policy