Taking Off My Mask, Purim Recipes (and more...)

Chabad.org
Adar 10, 5772 · March 4, 2012
This Week's Features Printable Magazine
By Sara Esther Crispe
The Importance of Purim
Purim is a beautiful treasure that teaches us that even when we think that what we do won't make a difference, it really does...

By Elana Mizrahi
Not only do we get to act like kids again when we dress up for Purim, but we get to eat like them as well! From making hamantashen to some great ideas for your shalach manot gift baskets, this section will help make your Purim that much more enjoyable!

Esther's evolution seems to be one of a different nature. Her second name does not, on the surface, bring her closer to G-d or to her people. It puts her into hiding . . .

By Nechama Rubinstein
ALSO THIS WEEK ON THEJEWISHWOMAN.ORG:
The other day someone asked what my plans are for Purim. I think, like every other parent of food-allergic children, my heart skipped a beat and sunk to my feet . . .

By Sara Atkins
Understanding Purim
I slip into my "just do it!" outfit and wear a smile to a wedding, even though my heart is dull. The garb and the smile carry me into their space and I end up dancing with joy for the bride (or her mom, whose circle I've suddenly become part of!). But I have other masks too, unconscious and less virtuous . . .

By Shimona Tzukernik
When I was sixteen, I went to Israel for two months and gained about twenty pounds. I had been thin, even skinny, my whole life and never gave my weight a second thought...

By Stacey Goldman
I was so excited when my teenage daughter told me she wanted to attend a Purim party. Being that she does not seem so interested in Judaism, I thought this was such a positive step, until I saw what she plans on wearing for her costume . . .

Answered by Sara Esther Crispe
Follow Us:   Find Us On Facebook Follow Us on Twitter RSS Feeds

Featured Judaica:

Kol Menachem Megillah Esther
Intellectually engaging English Megilas Esther of the highest quality with soulful, Chassidic insights. Special emphasis on the teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson (1902-1994).

Price: $30.00  $24.00


More from Chabad.org
Video
Women
News
Kids
Donate

Be a Part of it
Enjoyed this email? Please help us continue to share the study of Torah and Jewish traditions:

Dedicate or sponsor an email to mark a special occasion
Make a donation to chabad.org.

 

Subscription Options:
Subscribe to more chabad.org email lists
Subscription Management
Going on vacation?
Unsubscribe

Your subscribed email address is: iqlalsmile.cara@blogger.com
Change email address.

Important Tip:
To guarantee that your subscription emails continue to be delivered to you, please add subscriptions@chabad.org to your address book, or "whitelist" it in any filters or antispam programs you may have.

© Copyright Chabad.org, all rights reserved.   Privacy Policy