Obama Keeps Promise on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Funding

If you are having trouble viewing this email with images, click here.

HealthCentral.com SharePost Roundup
Advertisement
HealthCentral » ChronicPainConnection
Share and Support August 30, 2012
spotlight borderspotlight borderspotlight border

Obama Keeps Promise on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Funding  

n an unprecedented step, President Obama has asked the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Health and Human Services to elevate Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in priority, assigning his Deputy Chief of Staff to follow their efforts.

Read More

spotlight border

From our community...

Neck,cervical spine, neck pain

First Aid for Neck Pain

Christina Lasich, MD | Posted: Aug 22, 2012

When all the weight in the world rests on your shoulders, it is very common to experience neck pain. Instead of trying to power through your day with handfuls of pills and a whole lot of misery, a few simple remedies can help you solve your own neck pain. Read More »

Easing the Pain with a New Best Friend

Karen Lee Richards | Posted: Aug 22, 2012

After losing my best friend, my dog Becca, in June, I knew the best thing for me would be to start looking for a new puppy. Read More »

Chronic Pain Study

UMDResearcher | Posted: Aug 13, 2012

I'm a doctoral student in counseling psychology and I'm conducting my dissertation research on chronic pain. I thought that the members of this community might be interested in participating and Karen Lee Richards has granted me permission to post this study. Read More »

High-Deductible Health Plans: A HealthCentral Explainer

CRegal | Posted: Aug 20, 2012

High-deductible health plans, also referred to as consumer-directed plans, are fairly simple. Consumers pay very low premiums with very low employer contributions, but pay fees when visiting the doctor. So what's the catch? Read More »

exercise

What Can Help Chronic Fatigue Syndrome:  A HealthCentral Explainer

CRegal | Posted: Aug 16, 2012

A new study indicates that exercise combined with cognitive therapy may be the most cost effective ways to treat chronic fatigue syndrome. Read More »

Family Refuses to Believe I'm Sick

Skye | Posted: Aug 16, 2012

My kids just can't accept that the Chronic Pain and Depression affect my moods, ability to communicate and keep blaming me for saying or doing the wrong thing all the time without even checking to see what the actual circumstances are. Read More »

Jaw Bone

Osteomyelitis of the Mandible

andrea | Posted: Aug 21, 2012

I've read a few stories of people with osteomyelitis of the mandible and wanted to share mine. Read More »

Tree of Pain

Medtronic Interthcal Opiate Infusion Implants

Defensor | Posted: Aug 17, 2012

October 2005; Had a  SYNCHROMED II Model #8637-40 surgicaly implanted with a solution concentration of 2.5 mg/ml & infusuion rate of .499 of Hydromorphone.  That's just the beginning... Read More »

Question of the Week

Becca | Posted:  Aug 20, 2012

I had an epidural.  Ever since I have had dull, achy pains in my hands and my ankles.  

Poll of the Week

What kind of health insurance plan do you have?

Vote Now

Advertisement

This email was sent to: iqlalsmile.cara@blogger.com.

If this email was forwarded to you by another email recipient and you would like to subscribe, click here.

If you would like to forward this newsletter to a friend, click here.

If you'd like to unsubscribe, click here.

HealthCentral, 2300 Wilson Boulevard #600 Arlington, VA 22201

© 2010 The HealthCentral Network, Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.