ONCE UPON A CHASID: "My Lubavitch" (Naso)

Chabad.org
Sivan 10, 5772 · May 31, 2012
"My Lubavitch"

Moses took the wagons and the oxen and gave them to the Levites. according to their workload. But to the Kehos family he did not give any; for their's was [the most] holy work, they bore it on their shoulders.(7:6-9)

Every year, Reb Shlomo 'the Yellow', the melamedof Nevel, would walk to Lubavitch to spend the Simchat Torahfestival with his rebbe, Rabbi Sholom DovBer. Even in his later years when his strength had failed him, he refused to climb onto a wagon for even a minute; every step of the way was taken on his own two feet. "In my Lubavitch," Reb Shlomo maintained, "no horse will take part."

Once he said: "There will come a time when I shall stand before the heavenly court. What will I have to show for myself? What have I done with the years which have been granted me? We both know that the life of Reb Shmuel the melamedleaves much to be desired.

"But there is one thing that no one can take from me. My Lubavitch. Every year I came to the Rebbe. But imagine that when I present my Lubavitch before the heavenly court, along comes a horse claiming partnership; it was he, after all, who schleppedme to Lubavitch. The truth is, I can probably win my case against the horse, but I have no desire to have it out with a horse over my trips to the Rebbe. No horse will be involved in my Lubavitch!"




By Yanki Tauber    More articles...  |   RSS Listing of Newest Articles by this Author

Yanki Tauber is content editor of Chabad.org

Follow Us:   Find Us On Facebook Follow Us on Twitter RSS Feeds

Featured Judaica:

Bringing Heaven Down to Earth 2
More Meditations on the Wisdom of the Rebbe Menachem Mendel Schneerson

Price: $16.95 SALE: $15.25



Be a Part of it
Enjoyed this email? Please help us continue to share the study of Torah and Jewish traditions:

Dedicate or sponsor an email to mark a special occasion
Make a donation to chabad.org.

 

Subscription Options:
Subscribe to more chabad.org email lists
Subscription Management
Going on vacation?
Unsubscribe

Your subscribed email address is: iqlalsmile.cara@blogger.com
Change email address.

Important Tip:
To guarantee that your subscription emails continue to be delivered to you, please add subscriptions@chabad.org to your address book, or "whitelist" it in any filters or antispam programs you may have.

© Copyright Chabad.org, all rights reserved.   Privacy Policy