Pain Management in Recovery and Addiction

If you are having trouble viewing this email with images, click here.

RA SharePost Roundup
Advertisement
HealthCentral » MyRACentral.com
Share and Support September 28, 2011
spotlight borderspotlight borderspotlight border

Pain Management in Recovery and Addiction

Those of us who live with high levels of chronic pain are often faced with concerns about addiction to painkillers. Sometimes it's our family and friends who get worried and sometimes it's our doctors. The goal of managing chronic pain is to "obtain reasonable pain relief while maintaining a maximum level of function."

Read More

spotlight border

Real Living With RA

Advocating to Congress for Rheumatoid Arthritis Research

Brad | Posted: Sep 28, 2011

I know some of you know I was recently in Washington DC advocating to Congress and the Senate for Research for RA and other Auto Immune diseases. The American College of Rheumatology asked me to go. Read More »

flower

Community Post of the Week

BerserkeRA | Posted: Sep 23, 2011

This week we've chosen community member BerserkeRA's post about dealing with skepticism and medication at the doctor's office. Show support, leave a comment! Read More »

Antibiotics, Methotrexate, and Flare-Ups

Lisa Emrich | Posted: Sep 28, 2011

If you don’t know, it is very important to avoid taking antibiotics and methotrexate at the same time.  There is an issue of toxicity of the methotrexate as antibiotics tend to prevent the complete break down of MTX.  If MTX can’t be broken down appropriately, higher amounts may be found in the body.   Read More »

Vacationing With Rheumatoid Arthritis & Declaring A Truce

V | Posted: Sep 26, 2011

September is here, and I am looking forward to my yearly vacation. If you have read my previous posts this month, you know that my RA is still not controlled. Regardless, I am determined to take my vacation. A Truce has been declared and I intend to make sure it is not violated by myself or my RA. Read More »

How Can You Get Back Into the Hobbies You Love?

Brad | Posted: Sep 26, 2011

If you are anything like me, advancing RA stole away the hobbies I have loved for many, many years. I have been a woodworker and crafter for nearly 30 years, building everything from toys to an addition on our home.  Read More »

RA Question of the Week

| Posted:  Dec 31, 1969

Is raising children a lot harder if you have RA?

RA Community Poll

What's your biggest concern about rheumatoid arthritis drug side effects?

Vote Now

Advertisement

This email was sent to: iqlalsmile.cara@blogger.com.

If this email was forwarded to you by another email recipient and you would like to subscribe, click here.

If you would like to forward this newsletter to a friend, click here.

If you'd like to unsubscribe, click here.

HealthCentral, 2300 Wilson Boulevard #600 Arlington, VA 22201

© 2010 The HealthCentral Network, Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.